Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2007

What the... ?

Yesterday afternoon, a glorious Friday with the sun shining, a high of 21 degrees in Canada's capital (woo hoo! I think I can take the tarp off our pool this weekend!) and I'm sitting at my office plugging away until 3 p.m., just doing my job when whammo! Sharp, stabbing pain in my abdomen on CD20 or 8dpo. I doubled over in pain. Holy heavens! I was there in my little cubicle (cause we all know, government employees never deserve a door, right?) and had to back away from my computer to bend over and BREATHE through it.

What the heck? I mean seriously. The pains lasted about 5 or 10 minutes, and were centred right smack dab in the middle of my belly. Ugh. My mind started racing... AF arriving early? An m/c in the making? Dare I dream of implantation? No no, that would be stupid. *dismisses it quickly* Whatever it was, it hurt like the dickens and I'm just hoping that it stays at bay. Any of you have thoughts on what it might have been? Very weird... all very weird.

On another note, it seems like I MIGHT get the go-ahead to attend a conference in Minneapolis in May. I'm looking forward to that, not only for the conference's sake, but because I have a good friend just north of Minneapolis in Andover, and my conference just so happens to overlap with my sister's conference the same week. My sis lives in West Virginia with her husband. You remember my sis right? The one who loves me and gave me a swift kick when I needed it? Yes. Her. I love her so much. I wish she was closer. Anyway, I haven't seen her since the fall of 2005. It'd be GREAT to catch up with her. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the final approvals come soon and sis and I can plan an evening or two with her to do dinner and shop at the Mall of America!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gil...
i have no idea what that pain is but lets hope it's an embie latching on!!!
thinking good thoughts for you!
peace
shlomit

Anonymous said...

hey gil...
just checking in....how's that wierd pain? did it go away? any eps?!
peace
shlomit