Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Preparations

News... news... news... *taps chin*

Absolutely nothing. Really. Honestly! I kid you not. Life goes on.

It's CD20, and next month I'll go for some of that bloodwork that is required for the IVF I suppose. I don't want to put it off much longer. Now that the finances have come together, we can look at moving forward with this soon after the new year I would think. In the meantime, we have the fall to get through.

In preparing for all that, I'm still at the gym and/or doing laps in our pool. The pool is a mere 35 feet, but I've worked up to about 70 laps per day in it. I love that; it lets me zone out and forget stuff. I'm like the Energiz.er Bunny, I just keep going, and going, and going and... well, you get the idea. The other day I lost count of my laps cause I had totally zoned and my thoughts drifted elsewhere. Heavens knows where, but certainly they weren't in the pool with me!

To that effect, I've lost about 20 pounds or so I think. I still haven't weighed myself (for fear of shocking myself I think!) but neighbors and colleagues have noticed a difference, as has hubby. And of course, my clothes fit much more loosely on my frame. I can tell too. Sure, I can still stand to lose a boatload more. I'm not giving up yet. I guess the desire to have children is motivation huh? If nothing else is...

I'm also trying to organize my flight home in the fall, hopefully for around about Thanksgiving (which is in early October in Canada, for you Americans in the audience). Mom's surgery went well; she is home recovering. She was out of bed and walking one day after surgery, and we are cautiously optimistic. She has pain in the soles of her feet, but we take that as a good sign because for more than a year, she has had absolutely NO FEELING whatsoever in her feet or legs. So this is progress. She's limited in her mobility for now though, unable to bend or stretch, or to lift or move objects over five pounds, so that is why we're all helping out. My sister is flying home on Saturday to spend ten days with my parents. That will give my aunts a break for a bit. They'll need it I'm sure. We'll see when I manage to get home; as I said I'm still trying to organize that. Right now I'm hoping around the end of September for two weeks. I'll keep you posted.

And you know something? Acting in the Manager's shoes is d-mn tough. I've never been swamped with so much paperwork in my entire life! It's insane. The red tape one must go through to move offices, have a phone line switched, hire someone, order software, pay bills, justify expenses, etc. Oh dear Lord. I'm just overwhelmed. I'll be glad when a new employee arrives the week after next to take on some projects. And the week after that, we have a clerk starting. At least she'll be able to take care of the files and the admin stuff, entering details of the budget, etc. Whew!

Before I sign out, here's a pic of me and hubby (on the right). On the left is a good friend of ours who went to Vegas as well. This was taken earlier this month at Fan Faire in Las Vegas. I hope you like it.

To Pam and V, it is a shame that your weekend in the Capital is falling through. I'm so sorry to hear it. We'll do brunch another time, promise!

8 comments:

Pam said...

I'm glad to see that things aren't stagnant and that the finances have come together. Yeah!!

Also good to see your mom is doing well. Hopefully the end of September trip will come through.

And yes, we will eventually manage to coordinate our schedules so that we actually are able to meet F2F. :)

Happy Long Weekend! :)

Kate said...

20lbs is great! Congrats!

BigP's Heather said...

Rock on with the weight loss!! Although, looking at your picture - not sure you need to. You are GORGEOUS!! You guys are a cute pair!

Hope your trip plans pan out.

CAM said...

Yea You! Nice job with the keeping in shape and the 20 pounds! So impressive.
:)

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the weight loss. That is fantastic!

I am glad you mom is doing well and your cycling stuff is falling into place.

Marie-Baguette said...

2o pounds! you are a star!!!

KatieMc said...

Wow, you are so so very pretty and your hubs is HOT!

Nearlydawn said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go on 20 lbs!

You guys are too cute! Love the pic, everyone is all smiles. :)