Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Retrieval is Scheduled!

When we last left our story, our little group was growing nicely. I thought I might post the latest news and an update.

I can give you the following facts and details:

Last Thursday
CD 6, pre-stim ultrasound scan
Large cyst (right side), 5 follicles left side
E2 bloods (156)

Last Friday
CD7, pre-stim cyst aspiration
Ultrasound scan
7-8 follies on the right, 4 on the left
Lining 4.5

Tuesday
CD 11, Day 4 of meds
Ultrasound scan
7 follies on the right, 3 on the left (such an underachiever, that left ovary!)
largest measured 1.1 cms
Lining 7.5

Wednesday
CD 12, Day 5 of meds
E2 bloods (1036) (this had been forgotten on Tuesday and I had to wait for the requisition to come in for the bloodwork to be done)

Friday in Montreal
CD 14, Day 7 of meds
E2 bloods (need to get result)
Ultrasound scan
7 follies on the right, 3 on the left; largest measured 1.6 cm, smallest measured 0.7 cm
Lining 8.5

Saturday in Montreal
CD 15, Day 8 of meds
E2 bloods (need to get result, and OMG, what a mess of bruises on my inner forearms!)
Ultrasound scan
7 follies on the right, 3 on the left; largest measured 1.9 cm, smallest measured 1.1 cm
Lining 10.1

I asked about what sizes of eggs they would collect and I was told that they collect anything over 1.6 cm and right now I have 7 that already measure that large, and two sitting at 1.5 cm that they expect will catch up. So tentatively, I have 9 follies to possibly work with.

NINE. That ain't bad for a chick my age! At least, I don't think so. Sure, I would have loved to hit double digits but I'll take what I can get right now. I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

I got a phone call this afternoon to fill me in on the details for the retrieval. It's scheduled for Tuesday, December 2 at 9 a.m. I have to be there for 8 a.m. I've just taken my last injections of Gonal-F and Luveris (my Lord that stings like the bejeezus!). I have to take my last injection of buserelin tomorrow before 6 p.m. and I have to take my Ovidrel trigger shot at 10 p.m. on Sunday night. And I have spent so much of today totally nauseated. Some days I rarely feel any effect, other days, I am just sick to my stomach. I guess today just happens to be one of the latter. Ugh.

Question for you bloggers who are experienced with trigger shots in difficult circumstances:
I am supposed to go to the Neil Diamond concert on Sunday night. I need to take my trigger shot at 10 p.m. and of course, Ovidrel needs to be refrigerated. What do you think my options are for that injection? Do I...

  • take the meds to the concert, leave them in the car (it's below freezing here these days) and go to the car to do the injection?
  • take the meds to the concert, ask to leave them in a fridge at guest services (with prior approval) and collect the Ovidrel to do the injection at 10 p.m. in a washroom?
  • ask hubby to drive us and bring the injection to me for 10 p.m. trigger outside the concert hall, in the car?
  • leave the show early enough to get home for the 10 p.m. trigger?
  • other?

What do you suggest oh wise and experienced IF bloggers? What have you had to do in these types of cases? How do I do this AND see the concert too? Thoughts?

I heard this week that my girlfriend T in Montreal is now on bedrest for the remainder of her p/g. I know it's been difficult for her; I must give her a call.

I also got word from Journey that after 2 positive HPTs, her Beta value was only 2 and she is miscarrying yet again. She and her husband E are frustrated and upset of course and now there will be further investigation into possible clotting disorders. I hope they get the answers they need.

So for right now, we are trying to get through one day at a time, follow instructions to the letter and make sure that we're ready for Montreal on Tuesday, December 2.

Nervous? Hell ya. Hopeful? Lord no. Eager? Definitely. Let's see what this yields when all is said and done. And now I think about what I'm going to do in my 2ww (assuming I get that far) to keep me occupied and not go entirely stir crazy.

This weekend I'm keeping busy with my friend MH and his wife KC and their 5-year old twins. Tonight, the kids saw their first Santa Claus parade in our city. And they are LOVING the snow! They're from California so they haven't seen snow before and it's giving us a lot of laughs to watch them enjoying it to the fullest! They'll be back for Christmas so I am hoping there is more snow for them to frolic in then. Enough to make snowmen, and forts, and snow angels and all that good stuff.

Love to you all and a 'coucou' to my Cyclesista friends and visitors. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us cycling this month as we all hope for some good news, and possibly the best Christmas gift we could ever wish for.

4 comments:

Neeroc said...

Everything sounds fantastic for you! As for your trigger shot, the past couple of concerts I've been to, they won't let you out once your in, not sure if that will apply to Neil Diamond or not, but I'd take that in to consideration when deciding what to do. I'd either suggest making arrangements with guest services - which is not a guarantee once you get on site, or arranging for a parking lot meeting knowing that you may not be able to get back in. That way, you'll see the most of the concert. I'd be concerned that the freezing temps are actually too cold. Did I already say good luck? Best of luck!!

Pam said...

Is the trigger an IM or a sub-cu injection? If it's intramuscular, where are your options for injection? If it's the butt, then you may find it awkward to do yourself at the concert (I find it hard to do with having twist). Regardless, I was thinking what about putting it in an ziploc with an ice pack to keep it cold so you don't have to leave the concert? Only thing would be if they do a bag search on your way in will they confiscate the syringe?

Anonymous said...

Wowowowowowowowowowow!!!!! You are on your way, girl!!!

I was trying to find an old post of mine retelling the tale of Sariel ovi.drelling me at the theatre when we took his daughter to see Rocky Horror at Ca.nSt.age! Many of your options sound good. Best of all I think hubbing coming to help as you slip out of the theatre. But wherever you think you'd be most comfortable - that's the main thing! An usher helped us find an unused hallway with a handy counter - you never know what lurks in the bowels of a theatre!

Make sure you sing loud for me on 'Sweet Caroline"!!!!

Thinking only good thoughts for you, my friend.
peace
shlomit

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best of luck!!!!
Em
Australia