Pages

Friday, January 09, 2009

All is Quiet

I haven't written much this week, I admit. I've been a bad blogger... I guess I am keeping quiet and sticking close to home. And maybe there's a good reason for that.

You see, I was reminded earlier this week how fragile this all is. My darling blogger friend, Shlomit (you're still young!!) suffered the greatest loss this week.

Shlomit was about two weeks ahead of me on this road, she went for an ultrasound and was told that the baby had passed away. A mere 8 weeks and 6 days into the game and for some reason, the game has been called off. It simply isn't fair.

Shlomit is one of the sweetest, kindest, most supportive bloggers I've had the pleasure to get to know over the course of my own hellish journey. She is always there for us. She always has open arms, a kind word, a thoughtful invitation or just being her sweet self. And to take this away from her and her husband Sariel, well, there are no words. It isn't fair. It just isn't fair.

All of this is so tentative, so dicey. You never know what's around the corner. You never know if you will make it to the next appointment, to the next blood draw, to the next ultrasound. It can all disappear in the blink of an eye. And dammit, Shlomit didn't deserve that. None of us does.

I mourn her loss this week and I remind myself that each day I have, I am blessed. I can only hope that next time is HER time to be blessed too. Heavens knows, she deserves that and more. Sending her and Sariel lots of love as they get through today and as they mourn their loss. Go give her a hug if you haven't already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Gil. You are too, too sweet. I must admit, it took all my courage to check your blog today. I hope you understand (I know you do) why I've been avoiding it these last few days. But I'm really glad I did. I am so moved by your kind words and thoughts.

I don't know how much I'll be able to stop in for the next little while but always know that I am thinking of you, cheering you on and couldn't be more thrilled that this has finally happened for you.

peace and love,
shlomit