Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Shower and OB Update (29 wks 2 days)

Today at the office, my colleagues held a lovely potluck/shower for me. It was held in the atrium, underneath the palm trees and about 30 people attended. It was wonderful! The food was spectacular and the company was superb. The organizer took up a collection and presented me with a bundle of cash to go towards the rocking chair that I hope to buy. In fact, I'm looking at picking that up tomorrow. It'll be a lovely addition to our living room. I am so grateful to have such good people supporting me at work, through all of this, both the good and the bad. They've been there and listened to my fears, cried through my disappointments, held their breath alongside me and now, rejoiced in our success. I am blessed to have them in my life and I made sure I let them know that today. Hubby and I are very appreciative.

After the shower, I hightailed it out of the office for a 2:40 p.m. appointment at the OB's office. Here's the scoop:

Petit's heartrate (on the doppler) was in the 150s and going strong.
My blood pressure was 132/80, quite normal for me.
I've gained two pounds, so over the pregnancy, I'm up 0.5 lbs.

Next appointment is set for June 26 when I get to meet another of the OBs in the office. I've made a point of asking to meet all the docs who work at my OB's clinic because when delivery time comes, any one of them might be on call and I want to know what they look like before they just show up to catch Petit during birth!! Anyway, the next OB that I am meeting is also an RE who operates out of the Ottawa Fertility Centre. Now, while I hear some good things about him, I've also heard that he's of the mind that "weight loss = pregnancy" so I may have a bone to pick with him. I'm reserving judgement. We'll see what he has to say.

2 comments:

ColourYourWorld said...

What a lovely bunch of colleagues.

Great news Petit is doing so well. Go Petit !
On the weight loss = pregnancy pfft! I was at me very heaviest when I got pregnant after years of treatment and losing weight I then stacked it all on and voila ! Not that I reccommend it ;)

Shop Girl said...

It's so great to check in on all of my old blog friends and see that so many are pregnant! So happy for you!