Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Did you know...

Well colour me shocked!

I was surprised yesterday when we went to the doctor's office for Petite's 15-month innoculations. She got two shots. One was the standard MMR stuff. But the other?

Chicken pox.

Did you even know that there is a vaccine for that now? I guarantee you, I had NO idea. I looked at the doc like she had ten heads, I'm sure! I said, "Chicken pox? You're kidding." She said, "No. Not at all. We've had a vaccine for chicken pox since about 2004."

YAY! With a little luck, Petite will never have to deal with chicken pox! How wonderful is that?! I'm pleased.

One more childhood illness that I can cross off the list. Whew.

As for her stats, she's not quite 25 lbs, she's 33 inches and in perfect health, developing normally. Her morning naps are pretty much done with, and thus so is that mid-morning bottle. She isn't eating as much when she gets up in the morning either, so we're able to cut down on the milk consumption and bump up her water intake a little. She still isn't all that keen on juices. Now and then she'll have a taste, but it doesn't thrill her. She's eating everything that we are and really enjoying trying new foods. I'm sure there'll be more of that during the holidays.

This past weekend, we took her to the Santa Claus Parade and I decorated the exterior of the house with the Christmas lights and garlands and things. One or two finishing touches to put on all that before we flip the switch. And this coming weekend, we are putting up the tree and decorating the interior of the house, making room for my parents to come visit in about two weeks and rearranging furniture to accommodate. Wish us luck; I expect I'm going to have to tie on the Christmas tree so Petite doesn't pull it over on herself!

4 comments:

Kakunaa said...

There is a chicken pox vaccine??? I'm shocked as well. Man, where was that when WE were kids? Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, I opted for that rather than a pox party or asking for pox blankies and suckers...less scarring is good in my books.

Nearlydawn said...

I wondered about that when you listed it in your "childhood diseases" she'd have to have. I knew there was one, I had to have it per my RE's orders. :)

One note for you... Just because you've had Chicken Pox doesn't mean you can't get them again. So, I got a booster before starting the cycle that gave us our son.

Fun, huh?

Thanks for the words of support today... that was one tough ride.

ColourYourWorld said...

Boo gets that shot at 18 months here. Not looking forward to it!

I am putting our tiny tree up again nice and high out little fingers reach. Have fun with the family ! xx