Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ABCs of Me

Found on Loribeth's blog (The Road Less Travelled) and I figured I might as well.

A. Age: 40. (a.k.a. Old enough to know better but young enough not to care anymore.)

B. Bed size: King. But it's still not enough room when there's me, Hubby, the two cats sprawled between my legs, more pillows than you can shake a stick at and occasionally, Petite all sharing the bed. Damn... do they make anything bigger than a King? I'll need a bigger bedroom though.

C. Chore you dislike: Dusting. Ugh.

D. Dogs: None. When I was little, we had a dog. Tiny was my father's dog before he and mom met and after I arrived (and later my sis) we loved him dearly. I was about 5 years old when we had to have him put down; my first experience with death.

E. Essential start to your day: Cereal. I would say orange juice, as I love it and it's a great kick start for me (I despise coffee), but OJ usually has lots of sugars so I am trying to cut it out.

F. Favorite color: It depends. I like blue, black and white.

G. Gold or silver: Silver if I have a tan. Gold most other times. The best of both worlds: white gold!

H. Height: Just a smidge over 5'5".

I. Instruments you play(ed): None. However, I sing rather well and I'm currently a member of our church choir (second soprano).

J. Job title: Senior Technical Writer–Editor

K. Kids: One 18-month old, two stepkids (ages 16 and 15) and my girlfriend's daughter (age 13) regards me as a sort of second parent. And of course, hoping to start IVF/ICSI as we soon begin TTC for number 2.

L. Live: The suburbs of Ottawa, Ontario.

M. Mom’s name: Barbara

N. Nicknames: Sorry. The nickname(s) I've got are not for public consumption. Let's leave it at that shall we?

O. Overnight hospital stays: As an infant, I was hospitalized for burns to my chest and torso when I pulled down a pot of boiling milk from the stove. I don't recall that though, but I still have a few scars from the event. As for stays that I recall: surgery on my left wrist when I shattered it into more than 200 pieces 1997; when I gave birth to Petite in 2009. Other day surgeries and whatnot didn't require overnight stays.

P. Pet peeves: Telemarketers that call during dinner. People who talk on a cell phone while being served at a store. People who can't close their mouth when they chew. And mouth-breathers. *shudders*

Q. Quote from a movie: O Captain my Captain!

R. Righty or lefty: Righty. But I use my left hand more than most for a number of tasks, other than writing.

S. Siblings: One sister, 15 months younger than me. And she's about to be a mommy herself.

T. Time you wake up: 5:30 a.m.

U. Underwear: Coloured, never plain ol' white functional briefs. Ugh. Boorrring! Sometimes lacy. Sometimes racy. Sometimes silky. Usually thong or hipster style.

V. Vegetables you don’t like: Asparagus and Brussel sprouts. I find both very bitter.

W.What makes you run late: Like Loribeth, underestimating the amount of time I will need.

X. X-rays you’ve had: Let's start from the bottom up -- foot, ankle, leg, knee, back, chest, neck, hand, wrist, shoulder.

Y. Yummy food you make: I like to bake more than cook. However, I make a few great casseroles and everyone loves my spaghetti sauce.

Z. Zoo animal favorites: big cats of any sort. They're gorgeous!

Now it is YOUR turn... let me know if you do this one and I'll come visit!

2 comments:

marilyn said...

Oh I love this post:) good luck on your ivf!

loribeth said...

This was fun, wasn't it? Glad you played along!