Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Due Date for my Sister & Award Meme

Today is my sister's due date. May 17, 2011. There's no news yet. Our mom is with her down in the States. Last night, Mom told me that my sis said things "felt different" and that the baby was more in her way yesterday than before. Hopefully this means that the show will soon get on the road! I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for her and the baby when the time comes. For now, we wait patiently for the phone to ring.

Blogger Award!

From Marilyn who is newly p/g after IVF, Kelly who is well on her way and Joey who is documenting her first IVF, I received this blogger award.






Here's how it works:



  1. Winners grab the image and put it in your blog.

  2. Link back to the person who gave you it.

  3. Tell 10 things about yourself.

  4. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.

  5. Contact the bloggers you have awarded to let them know they have won.

Ten things about myself? Let's see...



  1. I have a green thumb, but not intentionally. I have plants I've tried to kill (or at least, tried to kill portions thereof) and no luck.

  2. My maternal grandmother is a huge factor in my life. She's been gone for 22 years now, but I think about her often and I wish that she and my grandfather could have seen Petite. They would have LOVED her.

  3. I lived in Japan for 3 years, from 1993 to 1996. I dated a Japanese guy for most of the three years I was there. He wasn't ready to get married though, so when my visa was finished, I had to leave the country. I haven't seen him since, but we still keep in touch via e-mail. I wish I could go back to Japan and see my old friends and colleagues.

  4. I started wearing glasses at the age of 10, but when I returned from Japan in 1996, I had photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) laser surgery on my eyes. No more glasses or contacts! YAY!

  5. Hubby and I met online more than 10 years ago. We met online when "meeting online" was still taboo; it took me a number of months to confess to my family how I'd really met him!

  6. I'm a writer and editor. That is what I do for a living. Ever since I was a child, spelling and grammar mistakes sort of jump out at me. So given that Hubby and I met online, we corresponded via e-mail and instant messaging. *adopts a shamed face* I used to correct his e-mails and send them back to him, along with my reply. He still makes mistakes with "as" and "has" and it drives me nutso! But he knows this. And these days, I try to keep my insanity to myself. However, I will give him an editorial hand when he asks for it.

  7. I have OCD when it comes to dirty hands. Even as a child, Mom said I hated to get dirty. One morning, a few years ago, I decided to count the number of times I washed my hands (or that they were in/under clean water) before I left the house to go to work for the day. I counted 27 times. 'Nuff said.

  8. I am from the most easterly part of Canada, an island in the middle of the Atlantic, where we have an entire dictionary devoted to the native language. While Americans recognize that I have a bit of a 'Canadian' accent (whatever that is), Canadians are often shocked that I don't have a Newfoundland accent. What they do not realize is that I do; I simply hide it well. It comes out more strongly if I'm with other Newfoundlanders (e.g., family) or after I've had a drink... or five!

  9. I am staunchly loyal to my friends. To a fault sometimes.

  10. I am a Duran Duran fan for life. Have you heard the latest album, All You Need is Now? OMG, amazing! It's a throwback to their heyday in the 80s and all the reviews are saying the same thing; it's the album that should have been the follow-up to Rio. Some of the tracks on there are jaw-droppingly reminscient of my teen years. I love it! Take a listen on youtube if you get a moment.

    And one for good luck...

  11. Recently, an old friend of mine (and my prom/grad date in high school actually!) got in touch with me and was looking for help. He was searching for a European song that was popular in the 80s for awhile but he couldn't remember the details. I spent the better part of a Saturday mulling it over and came up with a bunch of the lyrics. I finally located the song for him and he was absolutely overjoyed! It was by a group called Do Piano and the song was called Again. My friend posted the youtube link on his FB profile, and was subsequently contacted about it by a well-known Canadian keyboardist. All very surreal. And a lovely flashback to my teenage years!

Now then, as for listing the blogs that get this award, I have NO idea. I've been in the blogging world for so many years now, I don't know who's new! So consider yourself tagged if you're reading this and haven't done it yet. I'd love to read your details; let me know if you post about this award please.


Best to all in blogland!

No comments: