Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

{This Moment}

{this moment} – A Friday ritual inspired by Finding Chaos/SouleMama.
A single photo – no words – capturing a moment from the week.
A simple, special, extraordinary moment.
A moment I want to pause, savour and remember.
If you’re inspired to do the same, leave a link to your ‘moment’
in the comments for all to find and see.





It's late, but better late than never, right? (Indulge me!)


I'm tied up at the moment; Petite and I fly home to the east coast in two days for an 11-day vacation. I cannot wait to meet my new nephew. And I know everyone is looking forward to getting a cuddle from Petite too. Other aunts (Petite's great-aunts) are flying down the same day as well, and my sister's husband will join us next week for awhile. The only key player missing is Hubby... and that with good reason as he's working at a new job and must put in the obligatory first few months of buckling down and keeping his nose to the grindstone.

On Sunday, August 7, Hubby and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. We went out for dinner to mark the day... all four of us.

You read that right: all FOUR of us.

Hubby's 16-year old daughter has officially moved in with us. It's a transition for all of us to make, but we'll do okay. And I'm pleased to report that she's already doing better. I'm glad.

There's a lot going on. I'm still feeling a bit swamped, but I am crossing my fingers that life is on the upswing for us. Heavens knows, we need it badly right now.

Love to all in blogland, and special thoughts to Loribeth (The Road Less Travelled) who this past weekend, marked 13 years of having lost their dear daughter Kate. Hugs sweets; I know it was a hard weekend.

1 comment:

loribeth said...

Belated thanks, Gil! : ) And happy anniversary to you too. : )