Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Microblog Mondays: An Excellent Reminder for Us All

Our dear Mel over at Stirrup Queens has begun a blog phenomenon... as she frequently does. 

Microblog Mondays. Writing in your own space. Something short and sweet. But it's meant to take back our bloggy space and call it our own. I am going to try to do this periodically. Life's hectic. So we'll see how long this lasts.
*********************


I wrote this on Facebook the other day. So many of my friends thought it was a wonderful, sweet anecdote and it needs to be shared. So here you go:


Today was a really warm, sunny day and we had planned to hit a park and a splash pad before running some errands. I put on the ONE pair of shorts that I own and I asked Hubby if he thought I could wear them out and about in public. (Side note: I never wear shorts out in public, only around the house or garden on my own property. I am so terribly self-conscious about my body, even post-surgery after losing 140 lbs. It's horrid.)


Petite overheard Hubby and me talking, and she peeked in the bedroom. Her words moved me.


"Mommy, it doesn't matter about the outside. It's the inside that counts."


One smart girl, right there.


I teared up a little, and hugged her tightly, telling her, "You know, you're absolutely right. Thank you sweetheart. I needed to hear that right now. It DOESN'T matter what anyone thinks, really... does it?"


And yes... I wore the shorts. :)

5 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Good on you! I'm glad you wore the shorts and that your daughter saw you putting them on and going out and about. She's right. And she's a very smart little girl.

loribeth said...

Yes -- smart kid, that Petite. ;) Glad to hear you wore the shorts. Capris are generally about as far as I'll go in showing my legs in public, but I did wear shorts to the farmers' market today, and the earth didn't stop moving. ;)

Anonymous said...

That's what I love about kids. They always let you know what is true and right! Good for you! I haven't worn shorts in about 15 years!

Jess said...

What a great message! So sweet.

Unknown said...

ALL THANKS TO DR ODIA WITH HIS HERBAL ROOT AND HERBS AM COMPLETELY CURED FROM FIBROID
I can’t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all fibroid patient in the world. i never believed that their could be any complete cure for fibroid with out going for surgery ,i saw people’s testimony on internet on how Dr ODIA prepare herbal root and herbs that shrink there fibroid naturally. i had to try it too i contacted him on: odiaherbalcenter@yahoo.com. and him told me how to get his herbal medicine, and you can,t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually . Right now i want to tell you all that i just give birth to a baby boy last month,and on till now i have not had any pain, and i just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any fibroid in my system. after 8 year of suffering from fibroid am now free, Glory be to God for leading me to this great Dr ODIA I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no herbal cure for fibroid that is Not true ,just contact him and get cure his email odiaherbalcenter@yahoo.com and you will be free and free forever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. i hope to see your testimony soon